Newsletter Archive - People
People Update for June 2005
06/02/2005 - Editor: If you have someone that is involved in the Yellow Pages industry (including retirees) that we should all know about, drop us a line and tell us how they are doing. Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carl Schindler has been appointed director of marketing at Local Matters. Schindler will be responsible for marketing and communications for the "Boss" product line, which was developed by YPsolutions, now part of Local Matters. Schindler comes most recently from White Directory Publishers (WDP), where he was responsible for all marketing and communications for the past five years. During his tenure at WDP, Schindler rebuilt the marketing strategy and team supporting the company's growth as the publisher of The Talking Phone Book. Repositioning of The Talking Phone Book and more than 40 successful new book launches helped attract the attention of Hearst Newspapers, which acquired WDP in late 2004. While at WDP, Schindler handled all campaign development and execution in house, earning numerous awards for the work. Schindler was also largely responsible for the evolution of WDP's electronic products and promotion, launching IYP sites in all Talking Phone Book markets. Prior to serving with WDP, Schindler worked largely with NYC-based advertising agencies and also in newspaper publishing. He is a graduate of Cornell University. Before his departure from WDP, Schindler was named a winner of the Hearst Corporation's Marketing Excellence Award.
- Main Toll Free: 800-255-3224
- Main Number: 905-219-8200
- Press 1 for Sales
- Press 3 for Customer Service
- Press 4 for Marketing
- Press 5 for Accounts Payable
- Press 6 for Accounts Receivable
- Press 7 for Fax #, Mailing Address, Website Address
- Main Fax: 905-219-8201
- Customer Service Toll Free: 866-575-3224
Victoria LoBinaco Peak has joined HYP Network as National Accounts Vice President of Sales. Peake is an experienced sales executive and long-time Yellow Pages professional with an excellent reputation in the areas of sales and customer service. Prior to HYP she had a long tenure at SBC Yellow Pages, where she built a successful career in sales that culminated in her last appointment as National Sales Manager directly responsible for a 13-state region. Peake noted that "this is an outstanding career opportunity for me in the fastest growing segment of the Yellow Pages industry and I'm looking forward to sharing the benefits of the first Spanish language yellow pages network with the CMR community," HYP Network is the leading independent publisher of Spanish-language yellow page directories in the United States.
Kenneth Hudnall a long time Yellow Pages industry veteran passed away on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 in Gilbert, AZ. Hudnall worked at R. H. Donnelley where he held several management positions. After he retired from RHD, he became EVP - National Yellow Pages Agency Association (NYPAA) - an association with 80 yellow pages advertising agencies which would later become part of the Association of Directory Marketing (ADM) in 1973. Memorial services were held May 21, 2005 in Mesa, AZ. In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that contributions be made to The Ken Hudnall Faculty Enhancement Fund and sent to David Clithero, Office of Gift Planning and Endowments, University of Missouri, The Reynolds Alumni Center, Room 302, Columbia, Missouri 65211. Hudnall's daughter, Cathy Hudnall, can be reached at email@example.com, (626) 398-0494.
An update from DCCI:
DCCI has recently installed a new phone system that now features direct dialing for all staff. Please note our main switchboard number has changed to 905.219.8200. The toll-free number 1.800.255.3224 remains the same.
Bill Baker has left DCCI to resume his career offering consulting services for the Yellow Pages industry. We thank Bill for his contributions and wish him the very best in his new career ventures. Please contact Emila Hudec, VP of Client Services, or Lynne Phillips, Director of Client Services for questions or customer support requirements for Yellow Pages customers. Recent new appointments at DCCI include: Tracey Newman, Director of Sales and Andrea Peckham, Director Marketing. Tracey is responsible for new sales and will be focusing on direct national advertiser sales. Andrea is responsible for driving the marketing strategy that supports the Yellow Pages channel and new direct advertiser segments. Please take a moment to update your contact information for DCCI: